- OEM Customers
- Applications, Rings & Materials
- Piston Rings & Sealing Rings
Ductile Iron (Nodular Iron)
Strong and Break Resistant
Ductile Iron piston rings and seals can withstand a lot of bending and are very resistant to breaking. Ductile Iron piston rings and seals are roughly twice as strong as Gray Cast Iron piston rings & seals.
- Can Withstand Heavy Pounding
- High Bending Strength
- Very Resistant to Breaking
- Able to Withstand High RPMs
- Able to Withstand High Stress
- Roughly 2x Stronger than Gray Cast Iron
- Microstructure contains rounded (or nodular) shaped grains.
- Does not have the microstructure matrix of Grover’s piston ring iron GC-211 and will induce higher wear on the bore.
Ductile Iron Grades that Meet ASTM A 536:
To help you
Got a question for us, or wondering if we can meet your specific application needs?