- OEM Customers
- Applications, Rings & Materials
- Piston Rings & Sealing Rings
Tin & Tin-Nickel
Tin and Tin Nickel coatings break the electrolytic reaction between dissimilar materials such as iron and aluminum. This coating is most commonly used in transmissions with aluminum housings.
- Automotive – Transmissions
- Tin Nickel increase hardness, reduce friction and can be used for a chromium alternative for both functional and decorative purposes.
- Compared to other metals and the plating processes involved, tin is significantly less expensive.
- Excellent solderability.
- Tin provides a good, clean, low constriction-resistance contact surface.
- Matte or Bright finishes
To help you
Got a question for us, or wondering if we can meet your specific application needs?